The Departed is a 2006 American crime thriller film, fashioned as a remake of the 2002 Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs. The film was directed by Martin Scorsese and written by William Monahan. It is noted for its star-studded cast, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Ray Winstone, Vera Farmiga, Anthony Anderson and Alec Baldwin.
It won several awards, including Oscars at the 79th Academy Awards; Best Picture, Best Director (Scorsese), Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Film Editing. The film takes place in Boston, Massachusetts, where Irish Mob boss Francis "Frank" Costello plants Colin Sullivan as an informant within the Massachusetts State Police. Simultaneously, the police assign undercover cop William "Billy" Costigan to infiltrate Costello's crew. When both sides realize the situation, each man attempts to discover the other's true identity before his own cover is blown.
- Joseph Riccobene co-stars as Frankie Yale in Boardwalk Empire and played a bank robber in The Departed.
- Billy Smith co-stars as Davey Murdoch in the series pilot "Boardwalk Empire" and played a detective in The Departed.
- John Rue co-stars as Harry Bacharach in Boardwalk Empire and played a Luncheonette Proprietor in The Departed.
- John Cenatiempo co-stars as Scarpelli in Boardwalk Empire and played a Philadelphia Gangster in The Departed.
- Martin Scorsese directed the series pilot "Boardwalk Empire" and directed The Departed.
- Mark Wahlberg is an executive producer for Boardwalk Empire and stars as Detective Dignam in The Departed.
- Jeffrey Gibson worked as a stunt co-ordinator for both Boardwalk Empire and The Departed.
- Stephen Pope worked as a stunt co-ordinator for both Boardwalk Empire and The Departed.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|