Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bathsheba Doran is a British screenwriter and playwright. She lives in New York City. She is a staff writer for Boardwalk Empire from Season 2 onwards.
Doran grew up in London. Her mother Susan Doran, is an Elizabethan historian. Doran says she fell in love with theater when she found Peter Pan's shadow in the backstage at a theater when she was a little girl and realized that it was made of pantyhose.
She studied at Cambridge University. She was a contemporary of Robert Webb and David Mitchell and her first job as a professional writer was comedy sketch writing for their BBC2 show Bruiser. After that she worked for several years as a comedy writer writing for shows like Smack the Pony and TV to Go.
In 2000 she moved to the United States on a Fulbright scholarship. She received her M.F.A. from Columbia University, and went on to become a playwriting fellow at Juilliard School.
Doran’s work has been developed by the O’Neill Playwriting Center, Lincoln Center, Manhattan Theatre Club and Sundance Theatre Lab, among others. She helped Lear deBessonet with her play "Sick With God". She is currently under commission from Atlantic Theater Company and Playwrights Horizons.
She wrote several plays throughout the 2000s:
- The Blind, Classic Stage Company, 2005
- Peer Gynt, Riverside Theatre
- Great Expectations, Lucille Lortel Theatre, 2006
- Living Room in Africa, 2006, Edge Theater, New York
- Time / Unstuck, Red Room, NY, 2006
- 2 Soldiers: The Red Room, NY, 2006
- Nest, Signature Theatre (Arlington, Virginia), 2007
- Nowhere in America, Keen Teens at The Kirk Theatre, 2008
- The Parent's Evening, The Flea, 2010
Her play Kin premiered off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons on February 25 2011 under the direction of Sam Gold and concluded April 3 2011.
- 2009 recipient of the Helen Merrill Playwriting Award
- Cherry Lane Mentor Project fellow
- Three Lecomte du Nouy Lincoln Center playwriting awards
- 2005-06 Susan Smith Blackburn Awards finalist
- Liberace Playwriting Fellowship
- Howard Stein Scholarship
- Lecomte de Nouy playwriting award
She joined the crew of Boardwalk Empire as a staff writer for the second season in 2011. She wrote the episode "The Age of Reason" and co-wrote the episode "Peg of Old" with co-executive producer Howard Korder and co-producer Steve Kornacki.
Boardwalk Empire CreditsEdit
|Season 2 credits|
|21||Ourselves Alone||A Dangerous Maid||What Does the Bee Do?|
|Gimcrack & Bunkum||The Age of Reason||Peg of Old||Two Boats and a Lifeguard|
|Battle of the Century||Georgia Peaches||Under God's Power She Flourishes||To the Lost|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|